· Golfin' Dolphin - This large family entertainment complex is located right across the Emerald Isle Bridge and provides entertainment for kids of all ages. Younger children will enjoy the arcade games, bumper boats, and go-carts. For older kids and adults, there's a 50-tee driving range, baseball and softball batting cages, and an 18-hole miniature golf course. The Golfin' Dolphin also has a snack bar and a pro shop. (252) 393-8131
· Playland - This waterslide park is located less than a mile from Pebble Beach and will entertain both kids and adults with its waterslides, bumper cars and boats, grand prix tracks, batting cages, and miniature golf course. (252) 354-6616
· Emerald Isle Speedway and Mini Golf - Located within walking distance of Pebble Beach, this racing park features single and double seater go-carts. You can race against the clock and watch your lap time on their digital scoreboard. There's also a mini golf course. New this season is the Castle Jump Balloon for small children. Beach Cruiser bikes and 3-wheel "fun cycles" can also be rented here. (252) 354-2313
· Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - This new park features an elaborate go-cart track, an 18-hole miniature golf course and an arcade. Website
· Water Sports Rentals- You'll find it all at this one-of-a-kind rental shop including jet skis, paddle boats, and parasailing. Spectators can enjoy all the action from the Dolphin Deck Tiki Bar. (252) 247-7787
· Island Rigs Kayak Company- Bogue Banks' original kayak rentals, sales, instruction, and touring company. Tour the Crystal Coast, see the beautiful Bear Island, or take a leisurely trip across the Bogue sound. (252) 247-7303 Website
· Bogue Banks Country Club - A semi-private golf course nestled among the sand dunes and maritime forests of Pine Knoll Shores. The course provides spectacular views of the Bogue Sound as well as the abundant wildlife. (252) 726-1034 Website
· Star Hill Country Club - Golfers can reserve their tee times online at this 27-Hole Championship golf course. Website
· Silver Creek Golf- This club has it all with an 18-Hole Championship golf course, a lighted par three, a lighted driving range, and a lighted miniture golf course. Website
· Several other golf courses are located within 15 miles of the island.
· North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores -This 35,000 square foot aquarium houses tanks ranging from 300 gallons to 12,000 gallons. The aquarium also features a touch tank, interactive exhibits, a large auditorium, and a gift shop. Outside of the aquarium, there is a natural marsh and two nature trails. (252) 247-4003 Website
· Fort Macon State Park - Located on the eastern end of the island, Fort Macon State Park is North Carolina's most popular state park, attracting nearly 1.5 million visitors annually. The park is over 400 acres in size and features Fort Macon, which was built in 1834. The park is abundant with wildlife. In addition to a museum and bookstore, the park offers guided tours throughout the summer. Admission to the park is free. Website
The Crystal Coast is loaded with great restaurants of all price ranges - Bushwackers, Michelangelo's, and Tortuga's are just a few. For a special dining experience, venture to the historic town of Beaufort. Here, you'll find a quaint fishing village known for its unique gift shops and fine restaurants. For a full description of the most popular eating establishments on and around the island, check out www.insiders.com.
Although the Crystal Coast is primarily a family beach, there are several nightclubs and lounges where adults can go to enjoy a cocktail, listen to live music, or "kick up their heels." Here are just a few:
· Rucker John's Restaurant and More- This restaurant/bar is very popular with the younger and middle age groups. The bar area is separated from the restaurant.
· Lookout Cruises - Lookout Cruises offers daily sailing excursions departing historic Beaufort for up to 42 passengers on a 45-foot catamaran with cushioned seating, plenty of shade and large clean restrooms on board. In addition to offering AM dolphin watch cruises and Cape Lookout cruises, they also offer romantic sunset cruises and moonlight cruises (during full moon periods). Website
· Royale Gargoyle Pub & Restaurant, Ltd - A British style pub with a great selection of both imported and domestic beers. The wine list is also excellent. There's a billiard room, dart boards, and even a fireplace for those cool fall nights. Every other Friday night, the pub offers karaoke, and it often features live bands and singers on weekends. Located in the Emerald Plantation Shops.
· Emerald Club - This local night club features live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The club also has an outside seating area. Pool, darts, foosball, and volleyball are available.
· Punky's - This popular dance spot features live bands during the summer months and DJ's during all other times. Located at the K&V Plaza.